Friday 30 December 2011

Happy New Year when it comes

When four friends from Edinburgh said during the summer that they'd like to spend New Year on the island, my first reaction, with the memory of last New Year's chaos and misery still raw, was that they were off their rockers. Now, it just seems like a bit of a gamble that paid off. They arrive tonight, and although we expect a bit of rain and a lot of wind, the forecast is for unseasonal warmth, and we have laid plans for Old Year's night which will hopefully involve feasting and merriment, but most certainly the habit-turned-tradition of a fire on the foreshore – this year with a twist.

If I don't get a chance to post (I hope to), may I wish everyone a happy and fulfilled 2012 when it comes :-)

PS: Today's happens to be the 600th Blue Cabin Blog post – who would have thought? Certainly not me a couple of years ago!
blog comments powered by Disqus