Saturday 23 July 2011

Poem from Seattle

The Seattle skyline

He may live and work in Seattle, but I think our friend Jim Hunsdale left something of himself behind in Ringhaddy. His family's association with this area goes back many years. Every so often he sends a few thoughts in the form of a poem, and I have this one pinned to the wall of my office at the cabin. He sent it shortly after reading The Blue Cabin:-

'Here I am hailing out of the blue
And sending you wishes today
Enjoying the pictures and stories by you
And the memories you send my way

I miss Ringhaddy and the people there
The jackdaws and the odd glimpse of a Hare
Many fun days I had there in the sound
Many good times with my friends, no longer around

Perhaps we will meet when next on that shore
As you continue your lives on the Island More
But for now I bid you a fond farewell
And look forward to other stories you have to tell.'

Jim Hunsdale (Seattle, Washington)
blog comments powered by Disqus