Saturday 26 March 2011

Go St.Andrew!

In a very exciting first for me, we attended a boat race today - not the boat race, but the Lagan Head of the River event hosted by Belfast Rowing Club, the last in this year's series of Rowing Ireland's National Blade Heads. We turned out in force as a family because my niece was competing with an eight from St.Andrew Boating Club, Edinburgh (Note: having originally said simply, 'St.Andrews', I did a subsequent edit, so apologies for misleading Dancing Beastie, whose comment below shows she assumed, like me, that it was the University); and I had to leave before the times were in, but I can definitely say that those things can move..
We had a ball. We picnicked on the riverbank under a hot sun, and I learned about pairs and skulls, doubles and fours, eights and quads (actually, I never established the difference between a four and a quad, I must ask Lucinda).


blog comments powered by Disqus