Sunday 27 February 2011

Jack Handey Quote of the Month



Two more Jack Handey quotes to combat the Sunday evening blues:-

"Folks still remember the day ole Bob Riley came bouncing down that dirt road in his pickup. Pretty soon it was bouncing higher and higher. The tire popped, and the shocks broke, but that truck kept on bouncing. Some say it bounced clear over the moon, but whoever says that is a goddamn liar."

and

"If you rob a bank, and your pants fall down, its okay to laugh. and let your hostages laugh too, because come on, life is funny."
Actually, despite quoting the comedic legend several times on this blog, no-one has ever commented, or emailed. Not even a 'like', or a smiley face. Perhaps Steve Martin and I are the only people who think he's funny. Actually, I know that's not true because a few weeks ago, I was standing in line to pay for some groceries in a filling station, lost in thought, probably humming a happy tune, when a voice from behind said, 'When I die I want to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather - not screaming in terror like his passengers..' I turned round, and John Shaw, who has quoted my blog back to me quite a few times now, was definitely laughing - so that makes three of us. I mention it partly because he frightened the life out of me and also because it has given me an excuse to drop in a Jack Handey repeat in such a way that people might think I'm just telling the filling station story.
blog comments powered by Disqus