Monday 3 January 2011

Land of Enchantment

It's no surprise (to me anyway) that there aren't that many fellow subsribers to New Mexico Magazine in these parts. I'm aware of only one: her name is Heather and she works in Downpatrick Library, just seven miles away - how bizarre is that? We share a passion for The Land of Enchantment, and every so often, when I pop in, she lends me her own personal copy of a book that she knows will grab my interest, most recently an exploration of the long-vanished Anasazi culture of Chaco Canyon. Given that my novel is set in New Mexico, Heather is a valuable resource - not just a fellow enthusiast and source of history and anecdote, but a librarian!

New Mexico Magazine recently published it's selection of photographs from 2010, and has put them online in the form of a video. If it isn't rude to say, I would suggest the sound is optional, but the images do give the flavour of the place:

Click the image to view the video
blog comments powered by Disqus