Tuesday 28 December 2010

The aftermath

The good news is that the pipes unfroze yesterday. The bad news is that there were more bursts than we bargained for, four in all, so I spent much of the evening crawling around under the cabin with a torch and a sheet of A4, making lists and diagrams which will require some translation before I visit the hardware store tomorrow. It was surreal and a little spooky down there, though I must admit one particular fountain - directly beneath the kitchen, where the ground slopes more steeply and you have to decide in advance whether to crawl on your back or your stomach - was quite pretty, an underfloor water feature for the benefit of whatever normally crawls around there (I dread to think). If I get a chance I'll take a photo.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5
blog comments powered by Disqus