Sunday 21 November 2010

Deep Thoughts

...not mine, Jack Handey's.


If you're feeling a little blue, like me, then maybe a couple of Handeyisms will cheer you up:-

"As the evening sky faded from a salmon color to a sort of flint gray, I thought back to the salmon I caught that morning, and how gray he was, and how I named him Flint."

"As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way."

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

If you're feeling really down, suicidally down, try this one:

"If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy."

[For an earlier post about Jack Handey, with a few biographical details, click here]
blog comments powered by Disqus