Friday 2 October 2009

Launch of Still On The Sound

Just made a flying visit to Edinburgh to collect paintings for Lynn's exhibition in Ross's in Belfast at the end of October - am intending to put images of all pieces in the show on her website www.lynnmcgregor.co.uk nearer the time.

Still On The Sound should have gone to the printers on Tuesday, but sadly amidst the final flurry of edits and emails and various layout tweaks, the designer broke his hand and had to have it pinned - bad luck, especially for a designer, but it also puts the launch date of the book in doubt. The idea is still to launch during the week of Lynn's exhibition (27th - 30th October), but that is beginning to look unlikely, we're all just keeping fingers crossed.

Meantime I can get on with redesigning the books' website to accomodate the new title and work on the PR side of the launch. I hope to do signing sessions in Avoca, Arthur Street and in Waterstones, Fountain St. Belfast, in the second half of November/first half December, and I have taken on a number of talks and readings between now and April next year - the first is on Saturday 17th October, for the annual WI gathering in Armagh. Again, at one time I had hoped I might have the new book for that, but I'll read from it anyway and maybe have some postcards with me.
blog comments powered by Disqus